Investor’s Business Daily (An American News Paper) has spent years analyzing leaders and successful people in all walks of life. Most of the leaders and successful people have 10 traits that, when combined, can turn dreams into reality. For all of us including, students, young generation, decision-makers, and others, the 10 traits would help in knowing and shaping our position in life and also encourage us in living in a very competitive environment.
- HOW YOU THINK IS EVERYTHING. Always be positive. Think success, not failure. Beware of a negative environment.
- DECIDE UPON YOUR TRUE DREAMS AND GOALS. Write down your specific goals and develop a plan to reach them.
- TAKE ACTION. Goals are nothing without action. Do not be afraid to get started now. Just do it.
- NEVER STOP LEARNING. Go back to school or read books. Get training and acquire skills.
- BE PERSISTENT AND WORK HARD. Success is a marathon, not a sprint. Never give up.
- LEARN TO ANALYZE DETAILS. Get all the facts, all the input. Learn from your mistakes.
- FOCUS YOUR TIME AND MONEY. Do not let other people or things distract you.
- DO NOT BE AFRAID TO INNOVATE; BE DIFFERENT. Following the herd is a sure way to mediocrity.
- DEAL AND COMMUNICATE WITH PEOPLE EFFECTIVELY. No person is an island. Learn to understand and motivate others.
- BE HONEST AND DEPENDABLE; TAKE RESPONSIBILITY. Otherwise, number 1 – 9 will not matter.
I hope these 10 traits would inspire you to achieve your goals.